What is SHAREit?
SHAREit is a technology company where users can share and transfer files such as apps, photos, videos, contacts, music, and any files that need to be transferred. The Lenovo Company developed the SHAREit app to act as a competing app with Xender. SHAREit allows different devices to transfer files directly without any interference.
It is the world’s fastest way of sharing files. It works as a peer-to-peer transfer and connects devices through the Wi-Fi radio to receive and send data. Though it does not necessarily require an internet connection to be used to transfer files, it works best with the availability of Wi-Fi technology called SoftAP that creates a personal network and allows the devices to share the files.
Shareit is well known for being a free file sharing app that transfers between different operating systems and platforms without an internet connection or Bluetooth.
It is a free, secure, and fast app. It is known to have more than 300 million users accessing it.
Importance of using SHAREit
- It is fast in receiving and sending files between devices. Large size file contents are sent within seconds to the receiver.
- It is also a more secure way of sharing content between the users. This is because the transferred file is not saved on the cloud but instead saved directly on the device.
- SHAREit helps one transfer large size files in less time compared to using other sharing apps available such as Bluetooth.
- It can share files in any format, for example, text, Word, Excel, Html, PowerPoint, pdf documents, and multimedia such as photos and music.
- Shareit can also run multiple file transfers at the same time without any hindrance, and also it is error-free.
From the above importance of SHAREit, it shows that it is a reliable transfer app. Due to its access without necessarily requiring an internet connection, it shows that SHAREit is a cheap way of sharing files of different sizes between different individuals.
SHAREit for Windows is an application that is free and allows the transfer of files from PC to PC at a very high speed, without the use of USB drives, cables, and internet charges. Wireless devices within range of each other can use SHAREit to send content back and forth between each other without the use of any other connections. SHAREit for PC is made possible for file transfer due to the connection between the two devices’ software sharing the files.
Windows 10 is the most recently developed windows operating system share it demands increased rapidly .there for SHAREit download for windows 10.
How to download SHAREit for Windows 10 PC
- First, download the file extension,file.exe.(supports windows )
- Use the downloads folder to locate where the file was downloaded to.
- Using the folder, you will find the exe file usually shown as SHAREit-KCWEB.exe. Double click on it. Options will then be provided for you to choose from.
- Follow the instructions provided and choose where you will want to install the application.
- After you complete the steps as required, the application will be installed on your computer.
Requirements for file sharing with SHAREit
Your pc must be connected to the same wireless network .in order to have this connection, and you will require to use a router to create a direct access point.
How to use SHAREit to share files in pc
To share the files first, you need to connect your devices using wifi before the sharing process starts.
First, start by connecting your pc using the following steps;
- Open the SHAREit app on your pc.
- Then you will be given the option ‘‘show QR code’’. Click on the option.
- The QR code will be displayed on the screen.
Secondly, connect your second device such as a smartphone by following the steps below;
- Open the SHAREit app on your phone.
- Then click on the three tabs in the upper left corner of your display on the screen.
- There will be a select box showing the option ‘‘connect to pc’’ click on the option.
- ‘’scan to connect’’ option will appear on the screen, so click on it
- The camera app will occur on the screen there, for you will scan the QR code provided on the pc.
After these steps are done, and the devices are connected, you will start the sharing process.
SHAREit is more than just sharing files as it can also be used for;
- Live streaming of millions of high-quality music since this app has a powerful equalizer for a more fun experience.
- It also offers trending videos, both online and in an offline view. The videos are updated now and then to ensure they display the most recent and new videos on the SHAREit page.
To sum up, SHAREit is an exemplary app in terms of file sharing and speed though it might have a shortcoming of not having instructions on how to go about using it but other than that, it is a more reliable application for use. SHAREit is an impressive app when it comes to constant use as it will save on cost. It is a free transfer app and will help the user to download contents freely.